150+ Funny and Witty Answers to the Question "How Are You?"150+ Funny and Witty Answers to the Question "How Are You?"
150+ Funny and Witty Answers to the Question "How Are You?"
- Author:Cheeky Kid
- Updated date:Dec 18, 2021
Cheeky Kid is a cybernaut who spends a lot of time browsing the web, grasping infinite information, and reveling in entertainment and fun.
Best "How Are You?" Answers
Hello, how are you?
It would be easy to answer that question with a simple Im fine, thank you. Humans are very complex creatures, but we're also creatures of habit who say one thing when we mean another.
"Fine" is a boring conversation-killer. In reality, How are you? could be more than just a simple questionit could be an excellent way to start an interesting conversation!
If youre the kind of person whos fed up with the old, so-so, half-hearted replies, then this list is for you! Just pick any of these responses to breathe fresh air into your mundane conversations. Who knows, you might just be able to lead a conversation into a more interesting direction.
What to Say Instead of "Fine"
- Somewhere between better and best.
- Better now that you asked.
- Oh stop it, you. (Say it like youre receiving a compliment even though you are not. LOL)
- I love you. (This is a good response to fluster and catch them off-guard.)
- Much better now that you are here.
- At minding my own business? Better than most people.
- I am as happy as a tick on a big, fat dog.
- Do you really care?
- Armed and ready!
- My lawyer says I dont have to answer that question.
- What do you want? (Hahaha. This might across as rude, so use with caution.)
- Ive been going through some crests and troughs in my life. Is everything stable at your end?
- Like you, but better.
- I could really go for a massage.
- I'd say I'm a [insert number here] out of 10.
- I was fine until you asked.
- If I were doing any better, I'd hire you to enjoy it with me.
- I hear good things, but you should never listen to rumors.
- Like a pit bull in a butcher shop [or any other outrageous metaphor].
- As fine as a maidens flaxen hair.
Funny Ways to Respond to "How Are You?"
- Overworked and underpaid.
- Nothing much. (This one is so trite that it takes a few moments for the humor to sink in.)
- I don't know, you tell me. How am I right now?
- Can't complain. Nobody listens anyway.
- Good enough. (This one will definitely keep them guessing.)
- If I were any better, I'd be you.
- Quite how, thank you. (This makes no sense, but it's funny.)
- Not so well, does that bother you?
- Nice and dandy like cotton candy. (Dandy rhymes with cotton candy!)
- I can't complain! It's against the Company Policy.
- Average. Not terrific, not terrible, just average.
- If I were any better, I'd be illegal.
- So far, so good!
- How dare you! (If you dont have an immediate reply in mind, just say this automatically. LOL)
- Better now that I'm talking to you.
- Well, I haven't had my morning coffee yet and no one has gotten hurt, so I'd say so far, so good.
- Well... unless the weather has different plans in store.
- Maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to find out.
Funny ways to answer the question "how are you?"
Donald Giannatti via Unsplash; CanvaScroll to Continue
Read More From Pairedlife
30 Cute & Easy Couple Painting Ideas
20+ Questions to Ask Cousins - Fun Cousin Questions
10 Very Important Questions to Ask Your Unfaithful Spouse
What to Say Instead of "Fine" or "Good"
- I have no way of knowing.
- Yes. (Woah there, it looks like you werent paying attention.)
- Living a dream. Please don't wake me up.
- At least theres plenty of room for improvement!
- I'm pretty standard right now.
- Doing well, unless you have intentions of shooting me.
- Happy and content, thank you.
- Compared to who?
- Do I have to answer?
- Well enough to chat with you if you wish to.
- Going great. Hope this status quo persists for rest of the day.
- Physically? Mentally? Spiritually? Socioeconomically? Financially? I'm not sure how to answer that!?!
- Strange, and getting stranger.
- Not so good, but I plan on lying at my press conference.
- If I had a tail, I would wag it.
- I've heard various opinions: What's yours?
- How am I. . . what?
- Thank you for asking, though you can judge for yourself.
- Why do you ask? Are you a doctor?
- Word on the street is that I'm really good.
Witty Responses for "How Are You?" Texts
- I'm better than I was, but not nearly as good as I'm going to be.
- I think I'm doing OK. How do you think I'm doing?
- I cant complain, but sometimes I still do.
- I am blessed!
- Way better than I deserve!
- Shhh. . . it's too early to tell.
- I dunno. Is it Friday yet?
- I dont feel that great, but my hair looks awesome, right?
- I have a pulse, so I must be okay.
- Doing well, unless you have an airborne disease and infect me with some pathogens.
- I'm doing really well. [Then pause and say] "Of course, that could be my anti-depressant prescription talking."
- Oh, you know, every day is better than the next.
- Better than some, not as good as others.
- My psychiatrist told me not to discuss it with strangers.
- Medium well. (What are you, a steak?)
- All right so far, but there's still time for everything to go horribly wrong. (Ah, the forever pessimist.)
"How are you?" reply.
Madalyn Cox via Unsplash; Canva
Surprising Answers to the Same Old Boring Question
- Im trying really hard to avoid ambiguous questions at the moment.
- Wondering how you are.
- How do you think I am?
- Ill leave that up to your imagination.
- It's a secret.
- Do you want the short or long version?
- I would be lying if I said Im fine.
- Im pretty sure I am not obligated to tell you.
- Im ready for a nap. (Im sure you are.)
- Surviving, I guess.
- Not as good as you.
- Holy sh*t, you can see me?! (This never fails in bringing on the chuckles.)
- In need of some peace and quiet.
- Under renovation.
- Remembering to stay patient.
- I'm sober! (Congratulations!)
- On a scale from one to punching someone in the face?
- Dancing to the rhythm of life.
- Imagining myself having a fabulous vacation.
- Horrible, now that I've met you.
- You do not want to know.
- [*just stare*]
- That is a really wonderful question. Ummm...
- Happy and you know it. [*clap your hands*]
- Next question, please.
Clever and Unique Responses to "How Are You?"
- In order to answer the question, I need to take you back about ten years. Do you have a moment?
- Living a life of denial and suppressed rage.
- Slowly but surely dying.
- Fair to partly cloudy.
- "Hey look over there!" [*punch person in the throat*] (Remember kids, do not try this at home.)
- Well, I've got this rash on my left butt cheek. (Way to make the conversation awkward!)
- Not bad. Could be better. Could be payday.
- Better on the inside than I look on the outside.
- Great, stellar, fantastic... but dead inside.
- Okay, since my name wasn't in today's obituaries.
- Oh terrible, but I'm used to it. (I feel you, friend.)
- What's with all the questions? You a cop?
- As opposed to what?
- Sunshine all day long!
- You go first so we can compare.
- I'm not sure yet.
- Living the dream... but half the time it's a nightmare.
- Not quite there yet. (Where is there?)
- Dangerously close to fabulous.
- You're lookin' at it.
- Real terrible, thanks for asking.
- I am high-quality.
- The doctor said I'd live.
What to say instead of "I'm fine."
Sincerely Media via Unsplash; Canva
Better Answers for "How Are You Doing?"
- I'm sure you have that information on your screen.
- How much will you pay me if I tell you?
- Living the dream!
- WHY!? WHAT ARE THEY SAYING ABOUT ME? (Hahaha! Way to act suspicious of everything!)
- I'm busy taking over the world.
- Hunting dragons. You?
- I promised myself I would kill the next person who asked me that question, but I like you so I will let you live.
- Rolling with the punches.
- [*speaks gibberish*]
- Your attempt at social interaction is hereby acknowledged.
- Not today, Satan!
Flirty Responses to "How Are You?"
- Incredibly good looking.
- Everything is fine with you around.
- I'd be better if you asked me out.
- Great, but Im totally biased.
- How am... in bed? (Wait, what?!)
- Getting better with every passing minute.
- What an impertinent question to ask a girl [or guy]!
- Living a dream. Don't wake me up. You may join me. There's plenty of room.
- The best I can be. Assuming you're your best, too.
- I am so great I have to sit on my hands to keep myself from clapping.
Read 100 Flirty Responses to "How Are You?" or "What's Up?" for more ideas.
How to Answer "How Are You?" When You're Not Okay
- I'm still sucking air.
- Im completely prepared for the end of the world.
- They told me you would ask me that.
- Better than nothing.
- Well, I'm still alive.
- Could be better... [pause]... could be worse.
- Somewhere between blah and meh.
- Ill let you know when I figure it out.
- Do you want an honest answer or the one you were expecting?
- Vertical and breathing.
- Different day, same existence.
- Trying to get on with life, thanks. What about you?
- Trying not to burst into tears. I get an A for effort, right?
- Navigating the twists and turns of life. I hope yours is a straight road.
- Just hug me and leave it at that.ByCheeky Kid