Welcome to our conversion tool - Words to Minutes! We are here to help estimate the duration of any speech for conventions, zoom calls, weddings, special celebrations, business presentations, graduations, classroom demonstrations, performances, you name it. Use the Convert Speech Words to Minutes calculator to better prepare yourself for your next presentation.
How to use Convert Speech Words to Minutes
- Enter Word Count: Enter the number of words in your speech. You can find your word count by copying and pasting your speech in Wordcounter.net or Google Docs. In Google Docs go to TOOLS --> Word Count to see how many words.
- Choose Speed of Speaker: Choose your speaker pace from the options available: slow speaker, average speed speaker or fast speaker.
Make sure to choose your speech speed as it can have a major impact on your timing. Remember you will likely speak fast at times, and slow as well. Thus, average is typically a good indicator as to how long your speech or presentation will take. Whether you are making a wedding speech or giving a business presentation, this conversion of words into minutes should hold true.
Now you have an idea of how many minutes your speech will take to deliver, and can make any modifications if necessary. Also be sure to add time for audience participation if your speech calls for that.
Why should I use the Convert Speech Words to Minutes?
Do you know how many minutes are in a 5-minute speech, or maybe how long does a 2000 word speech take?
Using the words to minutes converter tool is crucial while preparing for a speech or presentation, especially when you are given limited time to convey your message and wrap up your ideas. Although the time may vary according to the delivery speed of each individual, converting words to minutes is a good indication of the length of your content and if it is suitable for the time frame you were given. That is how you know if you should work on your content length. Keep in mind that according to the National Center for Voice and Speech, the average rate of conversational talk in the US is around 150 words per minute (wpm), which means that balancing content, the number of words and reading speed does matter when preparing your speech.
How to craft an outstanding speech
Whether you are preparing content for a speech presentation for a business meeting, a graduation celebration of a wedding, the content does matter. While speaking in public does require a good amount of confidence, when you prepare yourself in advance, you will empower yourself with tools that will assure you are ready for it. With your speech, your main goal is to engage with your audience, catch their attention and delivery a message that will convey your idea in a clear and effective way. Here are some tips to help:
- Write using the first person. Use a conversational tone.
- Start by briefly introducing yourself.
- Prepare a striking outline/opening statement.
- Construe your speech in structural steps.
- Start with a topic sentence in every paragraph.
- Do not feel too shy to express your honest opinion.
- Practicing ahead of time will help tremendously. It helps with confidence, knowing the material, comfortability, and much more. This is our top tip!
In order to engage with your audience, try to include personal stories, share your personal experiences and do not feel constrained to share your personal opinion. Good luck, you got this!
What do you think about our Convert Speech Words to Minutes tool? Was it helpful? We want to hear from you.