to feel part of the community synonym | English Thesaurus
vb 1caress, finger, fondle, handle, manipulate, maul, paw, run one's hands over, stroke, touch
2be aware of, be sensible of, endure, enjoy, experience, go through, have, have a sensation of, know, notice, observe, perceive, suffer, take to heart, undergo
3explore, fumble, grope, sound, test, try
4be convinced, feel in one's bones, have a hunch, have the impression, intuit, sense
5believe, be of the opinion that, consider, deem, hold, judge, think
6appear, resemble, seem, strike one as
7(with) forbe moved by, be sorry for, bleed for, commiserate, compassionate, condole with, empathize, feel compassion for, pity, sympathize with
8feel likecould do with, desire, fancy, feel inclined, feel the need for, feel up to, have the inclination, want
n 9finish, surface, texture, touch
10air, ambience, atmosphere, feeling, impression, quality, sense, vibes(slang)
- majority n.the greater number or part of something
"the majority of" can only refer to a number of things or people. When talking about an amount, "most of" should be used. Ex.: Most of (not the majority of) the harvest was saved.
- core n.the most important or central part of something
The core of the book focuses on the period between 1660 and 1857.
- subtheory n.a theory forming part of a larger theory
- epistemology n.the part of philosophy that deals with knowledge
- spandaculus adj.Feeling like a superhero in spandex. To feel like Adam West
- body part n.a body part is a part of a human body, usually one that has been cut or torn from the body in a violent incident (such as an accident, an explosion, etc)
- cash mob n.a group of people who decide to meet and make purchases at a local business. The aim is both to support it and to meet up with the community.
Inspired by the phenomenon of flash mobs, which refers to groups of people mobilized by social media to perform entertaining or unusual acts in public, such as choreographies
- I feel queer n.I feel weird
Depuis plusieurs ans, "Queer" n'est plus commun pour se sentir mal. Ça veut dire "gai" ou homosexuel. Weird est beaucoup plus simple sans avoir deux sens.
- feel moved exp.When you feel moved, you have strong feelings of sadness or sympathy because of some moving situation,something touching, poignant, heart-rending, heartbreaking, impelling, motivating, heart-swelling, a situation which clearly stirs something inside, which arouses emotions.
- pintle n.pin or bolt, usually inserted into a gudgeon, which is used as part of a pivot or hinge
- hoasca n.An entheogenic tea of South American origin prepared with the mariri vine and the leaves of the chacrona tree that provides an expanded state of consciousness. The use of Hoasca in shamanic rituals is part of the ancestral culture of several tribes in the Amazon region.
Ayahuasca, Vegetal, Daime, Yagé.
- ayahuasca n.An entheogenic tea of South American origin prepared with the mariri vine and the leaves of the chacrona tree that provides an expanded state of consciousness. The use of ayahuasca in shamanic rituals is part of the ancestral culture of several tribes in the Amazon region.
Other popular names: Hoasca, Vegetal, Daime, Yagé.
- backhouse n.back part of a building, building behind the main building
- sarcocarp n.fleshy part of stone fruits (egg. peaches, plums)
- pardon my French id.the phrase is uttered in an attempt to excuse the user of profanity or curses in the presence of those offended by it under the pretense of the words being part of a foreign language
Syn.: excuse my French
- freak out v.suddenly feel surprised,upset,angry,or confused
I remember the first time I went onstage, I freaked out completely.
Welcome to English-Thesaurus Collins dictionary ("Collins Cobuild English Dictionary for Advanced Learners 4th edition published in 2003 © HarperCollins Publishers 1987, 1995, 2001, 2003 and Collins A-Z Thesaurus 1st edition first published in 1995 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995").
Type the word that you look for in the search box above. The results will include words and phrases from the general dictionary as well as entries from the collaborative one.